~
I'm on day five of a cold, and the self-pity that arises when I'm sick (no-one understands me; no-one cares that I'm sick; will my husband just leave me ALONE and quit asking if I need anything; WHY is my husband ignoring me etc. etc.) has turned into the usual introspective narcissism. So in the spirit of lazy blogging, I googled internet meme using the new Google Wonder Wheel, cracked my knuckles, and prepared to invade my psyche.
7.10am. Far too early considering the amounts of Nyquil still in my system, but we had a housefull of guests arriving in 8 hours, and not a single room in the house was visit-worthy.
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds. In rings. But I actually have more pearls due to various family bequests.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Date Night. A hilarious film that I was very glad to see with a married girlfriend. Cuts a little close to the bone sometimes to watch with your actual spouse. And who doesn't love Tina Fey? She is so adorable.
Date Night. A hilarious film that I was very glad to see with a married girlfriend. Cuts a little close to the bone sometimes to watch with your actual spouse. And who doesn't love Tina Fey? She is so adorable.
4. What's your favorite TV show?
I think I could really, really love The Big Bang Theory, but we only ever catch the occasional part. I was hooked on Parenthood, and watch Glee more often than I care to admit. Also, anything with the word "energize" or "engage" pretty much has me at the opening notes.
I think I could really, really love The Big Bang Theory, but we only ever catch the occasional part. I was hooked on Parenthood, and watch Glee more often than I care to admit. Also, anything with the word "energize" or "engage" pretty much has me at the opening notes.
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Whole wheat waffles with chocolate chips and tea. Perhaps if I added fruit, I might recover more quickly?
Whole wheat waffles with chocolate chips and tea. Perhaps if I added fruit, I might recover more quickly?
6. What's your favorite cuisine?
Indian.
Indian.
7. What foods do you dislike?
Hmm. Seafood. Most green veggies (though strangely I can add spinach to anything and be happy -- even smoothies). I am now convinced HFCS and artificial colours are the devil, and will change my purchasing habits to avoid them. Yes, even at the expense of scoring a good coupon deal ;-)
Hmm. Seafood. Most green veggies (though strangely I can add spinach to anything and be happy -- even smoothies). I am now convinced HFCS and artificial colours are the devil, and will change my purchasing habits to avoid them. Yes, even at the expense of scoring a good coupon deal ;-)
8. What is your favorite chip flavor?
Salt & Vinegar. British stylee.
10. What kind of car do you drive?
I do not. I am driven. Yes, still. But the family car is currently a 1999 Subaru Forester, and hopefully still will be next week after its 120k service. Because we'll be really screwed if we have to look at trading up a year earlier than we planned to.
11. Favorite sandwich?
Prosciutto and Italian cheese, with tomatoes and red onion.
Prosciutto and Italian cheese, with tomatoes and red onion.
12. What characteristics do you despise?
Intolerance
13. What is your favorite type of clothing?
Shoes. Surely that's a type of clothing?
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation. Where?
If we could guarantee a bugfree stay, then somewhere exotic like Belize or a Pacific island. If I could teleport in and out in seconds, then France or the UK to see family. Unfortunately the travel time is just too exhausting. But just with family, a beach house with friends on the Oregon coast would be perfect right about now.
15. What color is your bathroom?
Cream with brown, green, and copper highlights.
If we could guarantee a bugfree stay, then somewhere exotic like Belize or a Pacific island. If I could teleport in and out in seconds, then France or the UK to see family. Unfortunately the travel time is just too exhausting. But just with family, a beach house with friends on the Oregon coast would be perfect right about now.
15. What color is your bathroom?
Cream with brown, green, and copper highlights.
16. Favorite brand of clothing?
Thrifted.
17. Where would you retire to?
Again with the teleporting thing, Scotland.
18. Favorite time of the day?
Currently the half hour after 6.30am where I say "no honey, Mama doesn't get up till 7am." It's a new rule, and I feel sooooooo deliciously lazy and spoiled implementing it.
19. What was your most memorable birthday?
I guess my 21st, in Walnut Grove MN. My first trip to the US, and such a pivotal summer.
I guess my 21st, in Walnut Grove MN. My first trip to the US, and such a pivotal summer.
20. Where were you born?
Bristol, England
Bristol, England
21. Favorite sport to watch?
Figure skating.
22. What fabric detergent do you use?
What ever coupon deals I can score. Currently using up a 10 bottle stash of Arm & Hammer. I really want to convert to those Purex 3-in-1 sheets though, so have my beady eye on the coupons and fliers.
23. Were you named after anyone?
According to my father, a Scottish queen. According to my mother, a Scottish newscaster that my father had a crush on at the time.
According to my father, a Scottish queen. According to my mother, a Scottish newscaster that my father had a crush on at the time.
24. Do you wish on stars?
Sure do. In fact I have one named after me in Orion's scabbardy thingy.
25. When did you last cry?
Two nights ago I cried from laughing so hard. I could barely even breathe to tell Aaron what was so funny. And I'll admit I kind of teared up a little today watching Theron as he enjoyed himself playing with friends today, putting on "a show" for his "fans."
26. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes, but to be truthful, I can't remember when I last used an actual writing implement and didn't type.
Yes, but to be truthful, I can't remember when I last used an actual writing implement and didn't type.
27. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Probably not at first. I'm prickly and have a habit I hate of putting up walls without realizing it. I've also recently learned that I can come across WAY different to the actual little girl inside me who is waving and asking if you'd like to come play. But I've noticed that the friendships that grow into lasting relationships tend to really STICK. So I think that means there's something worth staying for. It just might take a bit of work :-P
28. Are you a daredevil?
I would have said no, but then I'm remembering a photo that exists of me mid-way through the slingshot of a reverse bungee.
29. Do looks matter?
Yes.
Yes.
30. How do you release anger?
I've finally learned how to pray. And I do it angrily until it calms me enough to bring peace.
31. What were your favorite toys as a child?
Sindy. Connect 4. The wooden trains and Playdoh at my granny's house. But I was so much more of a bookworm than a player with toys.
32. What class in High School was totally useless?
For me personally, P.E. I was the last to be picked for teams as I had to remove my glasses to play (I am in no doubt that my sports skills were also spectacularly lacking), and settled for long distance running around the school block as soon as I could.
33. Favorite movies?
First four Alien movies, Stepmom, Sleepless in Seattle, Shall We Dance, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Deuce Bigalow.
34. What are your nicknames?
Hmm. Kat. Bob. Hon. Kit-Kat. Katydid.
35. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Only if I really, truly, cannot pull them off. And then there's always much grumbling.
36. Do you think that you are strong?
Indeed.
37. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Ben & Jerry's Festivus!
38. What are your favorite colors?
I would have ordinarily said blues and purples, but am coming to the realization that the majority of my house is complimentary shades of green, brown and metallic highlights, and that maybe I should just embrace my northwestern palate.
39. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Physically: Hair, skin, nose. In that order. Personality-wise: I am still too quick to anger, and have a hard time of letting go of old ways of thinking that I know are really no good for me.
40. Who do you miss the most?
My daddy. Thankfully he gives me new, wonderful memories whenever we do reconnect in person. But dang. 4,000 miles is too far.
41 What color pants are you wearing?
Jeans, I think. I is sitting in the dark.
42. Last thing you ate?
A buttered hotdog bun with coleslaw. Memorial Day BBQ leftovers ftw!
43. Favorite song?
So many. But probably Muse's Uprising, as it's all over Knight & Day previews on the TV right now.
44. If you were a CRAYON what color would you be?
Not sure, but definitely one of the glittery ones.
45. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My phone has been dead since Wednesday evening, so if I had to guess, I'd say hubby.
46. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Hair.
47. Favorite drink?
Barq's root beer.
Barq's root beer.
48. Do you wear contacts?
I tried at 16, but absolutely failed. Have had glasses since I was seven years old.
49. Favorite day of the year?
I would have to say Christmas Eve, when the house is brimming with secrets, everything is (supposed to be) tidied away, all our favourite food is waiting in the kitchen, Theron's asleep, and I'm gnawing the root veggies he left out for Rudolph.
I would have to say Christmas Eve, when the house is brimming with secrets, everything is (supposed to be) tidied away, all our favourite food is waiting in the kitchen, Theron's asleep, and I'm gnawing the root veggies he left out for Rudolph.
50. Endings happy or sad?
Sad. Wait, no happy. Wait....
51. Winter/summer?
At this old bone stage of my life, I would say not winter. But I haven't quite adjusted to the 115+ it can reach here in The Dalles in July and August.
Sad. Wait, no happy. Wait....
51. Winter/summer?
At this old bone stage of my life, I would say not winter. But I haven't quite adjusted to the 115+ it can reach here in The Dalles in July and August.
52. Hugs OR Kisses?
Both, please.
53. What is Your Favorite Dessert?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie from the Baldwin Saloon.
Both, please.
53. What is Your Favorite Dessert?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie from the Baldwin Saloon.
54. What Book(s) are you reading?
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (yes, Cassie, I'm actually reading it!)
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (yes, Cassie, I'm actually reading it!)
Farmer Boy (with Theron)
55. What is on your mouse pad?
I haz a mouseless mac!
56. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?
It was actually a quiet night in on my own, with no TV.
It was actually a quiet night in on my own, with no TV.
57. Favorite Smells?
Chanel #5. Hubby's neck. Theron's hair.
58. Stones or Beatles?
The Beatles
59. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Approximately 4,000 miles. And my definition of "home" has shifted somewhat in the last decade, too :-)
~

I read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister awhile ago. I liked it =). I really like Gregory Maguire's books.
ReplyDelete