Growing myself, my family, and my garden one day at a time.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Nurturing my crafty streak

Mother's Day provided the perfect excuse to try a scrapbook triptych that I'd wanted to do since seeing Kendra create one so beautifully. I posed the family in front of Theron's bedroom wall for some high-contrast profile shots, and traced them off my computer screen, before cutting around the silhouettes and framing them.

Note to self -- next time use a pencil. It works just as well as a Sharpie and doesn't leave those funny black bleedthrough marks on your laptop screen.

Happy U.S. Mother's Day, sweet Nana Susie!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Somehow it looks a little Mary Poppins-ish, but I can't put my finger on it. By the way, how long did Aaron spend primping his beard for the photo shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, he didn't! but i was very artful with the craft knife ;-) it did wonders for my double chin too!

    ReplyDelete