Growing myself, my family, and my garden one day at a time.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Shoes, Glorious Shoes

~
Tonight was much anticipated. 28 pounds of leather, lace, plastic, and wood have been slowly wending their way across country this past week, tracked every mile of the way by those friendly folks at UPS.

Fact: I have a shoe fairy.

Fact: I didn't have to leave any odd appendages under my pillow to get new shoes, because...

Fact: The shoe fairy is in reality an awesome person with a huge heart, the same large size feet as I, and a desire to clean out her closet.

And thus thanks to the generosity of this friend far away, I knew there were at least ten pairs of new shoes waiting on my porch for me to get home tonight. I had no idea what they were like, but that only added to the fun. Especially as the past pair she had bequeathed me were a totally fanciful pair of Michael Kors suede backless pumps with tassels and vertiginous heels -- what Aaron affectionately referred to as "prairie-ho chic" or "Pocohontas the welder" shoes.



So. One large box. 28lbs of unknown shoes. (Doesn't this sound like heaven?)



A 4.5 yr old to help me unpack. Clothes optional.



SHOES!


Out of 12 lovely pairs of shoes, nine were exactly what I would have picked off the shelf for myself had I had free run of the store. Oh so lovely! Oh so cute!

I called my friend in joy to thank her for everything, but above all, for making me feel like a girl :-) There is something so quintessentially feminine about delightfully pretty shoes.

Do you want to see?

~ A new pair of sneakers, well-ventilated, perfect for biking in summer
~ The cutest little red strappy things (pedicure, ahoy!)
~ The sweetest black slip-ons with a darling lace overlay
~ Brown and purple canvas MJs (I oohed outloud at these)

AND

~ Cute little plaid kickabouts
~ Snuggly fleece boots for winter!

AND

~ Sweet little black leather flats
~ Black. Patent. Stilettos. (Rit-roo!)
~ And finally. What I'm affectionately referring to as the Dang! boots

Thank you, Jennifer. From the bottom of my feet. You are loved!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment