~
1/3 cup canola oil (I used the bottle of oil with the lost label from the back of the cupboard)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs (I replaced with a kid-size tub of apple sauce)
1 tsp vanilla (I omitted in protest at the over-vanilla-ization of baked goods)
1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mills All Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
2 tsp baking power
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I eyeballed it)
1/2 cup nuts chopped (I replaced with dairy-free chocolate chips)
1/2 cup raisins (I replaced with craisins)

Alternate adding scoops of the dry ingredients to the sugar/oil mix with scoops of the mashed banana goodness. Pour into a 9"x5" bread tin and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs (I replaced with a kid-size tub of apple sauce)
1 tsp vanilla (I omitted in protest at the over-vanilla-ization of baked goods)
1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mills All Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
2 tsp baking power
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I eyeballed it)
1/2 cup nuts chopped (I replaced with dairy-free chocolate chips)
1/2 cup raisins (I replaced with craisins)
In one large bowl mix the oil, sugar, and applesauce (or eggs and vanilla if you're using). In a second smaller bowl mix the bananas, chocolate chips (or nuts) and craisins (or raisins). In a third smaller bowl mix the remaining dry ingredients.

Alternate adding scoops of the dry ingredients to the sugar/oil mix with scoops of the mashed banana goodness. Pour into a 9"x5" bread tin and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
It will start to smell delicious at about 30 minutes into the cooking time. Try to resist the urge to peek :-) Mine looked done at about 50 minutes or so, and I resisted till 55 minutes. We sliced hot moist pieces off and ate as soon as it didn't burn our fingers. Hopefully it will be just as good tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment