~
A dear friend and I decided to take a vacation from facebook this week. Well rather, she decided, and I followed her good example. I am obsessive by nature, and FB had joined a long list of substances and occupations that had taken too great a priority in my life.So that was it. Cold turkey. TTFN FB. IRL FTW. Or something.
It was surprisingly easy, despite the odd phantom desire to repeatedly click my mouse at 2.38pm or so each day, and my thumb randomly practicing the facebook scrolldown on my Blackberry trackball. I became a tad uncomfortably familiar with my Google Reader feeds (they have never been so religiously followed); and I'm sure the factor 10 increase in my work productivity was entirely coincidental ;-)
But by and large the week was a period of reconnecting, rediscovering, and above all, SLOWING DOWN. It was so nice to rediscover an attention span of more than a few minutes. To not be thinking in snippets of thought. To have removed the pressure of who's saying what about whom, for what reason, and when. And above all, not to be dependent on that little red number showing up for comments, fb mails, or friend requests.
I lived life this week, and it felt good. And what was achieved? Oh, Mama.
The glory of three hours by myself, scrapping at the crop of the newly re-opened paper crafts store in town.
My wonderful son got to experience his first equine therapy with a wonderful teacher.
He was so happy and relaxed after several miles on Buddy that he fell into our arms and snoozed as we carried him back to the car.
I got to play proud Mama at Theron's preschool Hallowe'en celebration.
(It wasn't too hard!)
Woody made a reappearance from the September birthday party.
And Woody's Mama was able to score a nibble of the Hallowe'en cookies.
I went to an evening crop for greeting cards.
Took evening walks and experienced peace and amazement at God's handiwork.
Prepared my own Hallowe'en costume (with tailoring help from the fantastic Mrs. Dupuis)
And went trick or treating with my beautiful men
And found myself the Christmas present I missed out on purchasing ~last~ Hallowe'en. Jewel impersonations available on demand.
All in all, it was a fantastic week. I'm thinking I may have to disconnect a little more ;-)
~













No comments:
Post a Comment