Growing myself, my family, and my garden one day at a time.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Making Change v.3

~

This is the third draft of this post. I liked the previous two, but realized the message was getting lost in the writing. So here are the bare bones.

I listened to Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror last night, having been humming it for the past few days. I sat in the dark with headphones on, because aural sensory overload is the best way for me to really hear. I was a tad annoyed by the typical MJ'isms --the sparkly synth, the epiglottal chirrups -- and was just beginning to question why I hadn't been able to shift the melody from my mind... What was the point of the song? When BAM! The modulation and introduction of the choir just before the third minute. I was floored.

Isn't it amazing how music can have a physical effect on you? I teared up, felt the prickle of goosebumps, and felt the message without the intellectual prissiness that had rejected the first half of the song as sappy.

Make that change.

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandi

To change is difficult. Not to change is fatal - Unknown.

This is my change.


~

No comments:

Post a Comment